Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Saying Good-bye to Student-hood


Yesterday I worked my final shift on my Emergency Medicine rotation, and I was filled with mixed emotions - joy, sadness, excitement, regret, anticipation, fear, amusement, and hesitation. As I reflect upon my last day of work as a medical student, I realize that I am now stepping out of a role that I proudly held for twenty-one of my years of life - that of a "student" - and timidly tip-toeing into another role that I will carry for the rest of my life as a "physician." Graduation Day for the School of Medicine at Loma Linda University (Sunday, May 28, 2006) is rapidly approaching, and I have a hunch that life will be very different as I enter into residency. Nonetheless, I know that the Lord will be by my side as I face sleepless nights and trying moments, for He has been by my side from the beginning.

With these words I initiate my first weblog entry. I have been contemplating starting a blog for a few months now - having been inspired by countless friends who have faithfully burned the midnight oil to keep their web journals and blogs updated - but I never had the courage to do it for fear that I would squander away my precious time posting thoughts and pictures. Nonetheless, I have finally made the decision to begin, although I am unsure what will come of this newfound interest. Feel free to stay posted for more of Janie's thoughts to come, although I will provide no guarantees on the quality, quantity, or frequency of these entries. Ciao. =)

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul Yoo said...

very nice... look forward to more =)

4:59 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

I agree with Paul. I do look forward to more. How about some more pictures? especially with Paul? (hehe)

7:20 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Congratulations on your graduation and starting your new blog. I don't know which is more momentous, but I wish you the best in both!

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home