Monday, June 05, 2006

Love and Marriage - Part One

Love must be in the air. It is a strange phenomenon. An astute observation was recently made that “everyone” seems to be getting married or engaged! This seems to be an unusually busy summer wedding season. Or maybe it’s just that we’re getting old. For example, yesterday (6/4/06) there were five different weddings or bridal showers that were going on. Unfortunately, I could not attend all five events. I only made it to one – the beautiful marriage of Erwin Gonzalez and Cheryl Paw in Glendale, California.

Erwin is a fellow musician (a violist) and friend of mine who has come through for me whenever I was in a bind. He was always so willing to play in my string quartet whenever I got a call for a wedding gig. He did kind things for me such as playing at a concert with our newly formed Loma Linda University Symphony Orchestra when we were desperately in need of a violist. He even donated his time last year to play at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center for an annual tea party for breast cancer survivors. Playing for his wedding was a privilege and the least I could do for him. Last week on Monday (5/29/06) two of my classmates (also new MDs) Andrea Kuntaraf and Patrick Crane were married. Here is a photo of their wedding.

Weddings are always so beautiful. I always end up fighting back tears (sometimes successfully, usually unsuccessfully) at every wedding….I often think that I am much too sentimental for my own good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home