Sunday, July 23, 2006

Enjoying God's Nature

I had a wonderful weekend. It was my first full weekend off since I started residency (since I am done with my month on MICU and now starting an elective in ophthalmology). So my fiancé, Paul, and I decided to go up into God’s nature. On Saturday afternoon (7/22/06), we made the 45-minute journey up to the local San Bernardino mountains – to Forest Falls. It was about 30-40 degrees Fahrenheit cooler up there than it was down in Loma Linda. The heat in Loma Linda has been killing me. To look on the bright side of things, at least the 119 degree weather is not exacerbated by humidity.

Today (7/23/06), Paul took me out on a surprise date. He drove me to the Mount San Jacinto State Park out in Palm Springs. It was really beautiful out there. I had never been there before! We took the aerial tram up to the mountain area. Here's the view that we had from the tram.



And at the 8000 feet altitude, we again were able to escape from the sizzling heat. We were able to hike along some nice paths, and we took our handy-dandy tripod along so we could capture some Kodak moments without having to infringe upon the time of other passers-by. Here are some shots of our adventure. =)




2 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

I'm glad you had a nice weekend, and that you finally got to rest. Unfortunately we were not able to escape the heat this weekend as you guys have... Sac Town was blazing hot, and with humidity!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Norman McNulty said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Looks like you had a nice time at Mt. San Jacinto. I'm sure you'll enjoy this next month a little better than the last. :-)

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home