Monday, October 02, 2006

Paul in Honduras

Ahhh…I’m back on Trauma Surgery again. Coming off of night float, it’s good to be able to sleep at night and work during the day. I have just two weeks left on this surgery rotation, and I will forever be done!!! Trauma seems like a vacation now. I only had 17 patients on my list this morning. Since I split those patients with one other intern, I only end up seeing about 8 or 9 patients each morning. That sure beats juggling 26! =)

During my week of night float, Paul and Ken were in Honduras on a Dental mission trip. I sooo wanted to tag along, but unfortunately I was stuck here taking care of my patients. Here are some photos of Paul on his trip.


Paul with the orphans


Getting drenched under a huge waterfall


Exploring the ancient ruins

Paul and Ken seemed to have had a wonderful time on the trip. They were able to serve the needy with their skills in Dentistry, and they were able to see a little of the natural beauty that Honduras had to offer. Oh, the joys of medical missions! One thing in this life that I am sure of is that I am called to the medical mission field. Ever since my high school years, I felt called to serve overseas. Currently, Paul and I are seriously praying about going to Africa after we finish our training here in the United States. That should be an adventure.

This past weekend I had the privilege of going to church for the first time in several weeks. It is unfortunate that my internship schedule prevents me from getting Saturdays off. During my two months on General Surgery I was only scheduled to have a grand total of two Sabbaths off! Nevertheless, I have learned to appreciate and cherish the Sabbath so much more now that I rarely get to go to church. This Friday evening I went straight from work to the "Freedom from Fear"evangelistic series with Pastor Randy Skeete. I felt so blessed to listen to a convicting sermon and to sit amongst fellow believers. On Saturday morning I went to church, and then I spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out with Paul. We listened to another sermon online before having dinner. Afterwards, we attended the final meeting of the evangelistic series. Although I went to bed a little later than I would have liked (it was so difficult to get out of bed at 4 am the next morning), I was thoroughly blessed to have had such a spiritually rejuvenating weekend. The Lord knows I surely needed it. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home