Friday, August 18, 2006

My Vacation is Over!

Have you ever tried planning a wedding? For those of you women who are married already, you know what I’m going through. For those of you who are still single, you have much to look forward to.

This past week was one of my four vacation weeks that are allotted to me as an intern. I pretty much spent the entire time planning out aspects of my wedding. It was insane. Here’s a taste:

Gathered information about stationery, flowers, decorations, dresses, budgets, etc. online
Looked at countless bridal magazines
Went shopping for a bridal gown
Went shopping for bridesmaids’ dresses
Met with J.Z.’s Party Charm regarding decoration price quotes
Met with J.Z.’s florist regarding flowers for the wedding
Met with Eden Hill Florist (in Los Angeles) regarding flowers
Talked with University Catering regarding the reception food
Planned and brainstormed with my cousin, Jennifer, regarding my wedding until the wee hours of the morning.

After the week of wedding planning, I was pooped. Sadly to say, my vacation – which really was not much of a vacation – ended yesterday. Today I committed my life to eight weeks of bondage to General Surgery. I am starting on the Trauma Surgery service. Today there were 5 traumas that came in – all motor vehicle accidents or motor vehicle-related accidents (e.g. 18 year old male who jumped out of the passenger seat of his car on the freeway while his mother was driving at 65 mph to take him to his psychiatric appointment). All the trauma victims suffered multiple abrasions, and one man required immediate surgery (he perforated his small bowel during the car crash, so the surgeons had to put him his intestines back together). Seeing so many crash victims reminds me again how fragile life is and how dangerous those highways can be. Don’t forget to wear your seatbelts and drive safely!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

Again, enjoy every step of your life. As exhausting it may have seemed to you, sometimes it's the "journey" that is more memorable/enjoyable than the actual "destination". Every new chapter in life brings new experience, and with each new experience brings certain amount of uncertainty (which could = stress). Remember, God never gives you more than you can handle.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Vera Ezimora said...

Hey girl,

I am not married, so I have never planned a wedding of my own, but I have been helping my bestfriend plan her own wedding, and I am already exhausted. Too many appointments 2 keep, calls 2 make, prices 2 check, venues 2 find.... oh my God, it goes on!

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home