Thursday, July 27, 2006

iConsult

Words cannot express how happy I am that I chose to go into Ophthalmology. Tomorrow marks the end of my first week of a three week Ophthalmology elective. Seeing patients in the eye clinic is a total joy to me. Even looking into the eyes of grumpy old men at the Veteran’s Hospital has been exhilarating. *laugh* Watching cataract surgeries, glaucoma surgeries, plastic surgery cases, and other minor procedures this week has been fascinating. The complexity of the eye and the intricacies of each step of the evaluation, diagnostic, and treatment process is a joy for me to learn about. Yesterday, I spent 3 hours at the library just reading through the first few chapters of Kanski’s Clinical Ophthalmology, and it was so enjoyable for me. =) I especially like my rotation right now because my days are mostly 8 am - 5 pm days with evenings and weekends free. Oh yes, life is good (I needed this break before I get roughed up in General Surgery next month). =) I know that God must have led me into this field of eyes. It was completely providential, and I thank God for helping me find a field that fits perfectly with my character, talents/strengths, and future goals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home