Thursday, March 01, 2007

Make-Up Fiasco

Yesterday Paul and I took our engagement photos. I had made an appointment with a Korean salon in Riverside to do a trial run for my wedding hair and make-up. However, when they were through with me the result I saw in the mirror was terrifying. They had promised me a “natural” look; in fact, “earth tones” were their exact words. However, the dark shade of brown over my eyelids as well as the black smudges underneath my eyes were far from my natural look. It made me look absolutely scary. The inch-long fake eyelashes and glistening lipstick were an added effect to the whole picture. I did everything I could to keep myself from bursting into tears. The cosmetologists ooh’ed and aah’ed so much at their perfect work of art that I did not have the courage to tell them exactly what I thought. All I managed to squeak out was, “Isn’t the eyeliner a bit dark?”

They promptly responded, “Oh, although it may seem somewhat dark when you look closely at it, it’s perfect for pictures! Doesn’t it look fabulous?”

I hurriedly paid my fees and rushed out. When I arrived home I took some digital photos of my face in order to document this horrible experience I had before proceeding to erase all the evidence of the grossly overdone make-up. By the time we were supposed to meet our photographer for the photo shoot, most of the evidence had been destroyed. What a fiasco!

8 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you had such a horrible experience... and I sure hope it wasn't the one I recommended... Good thing it was only a "trial run" and not for the real wedding. Next time speak up! Be clear about what you want. Hopefully you'll find the look you're looking for...;)

12:13 AM  
Blogger bekobeko said...

Oh my... well, I wouldn't say it makes you look scary... I think it'd take a lot more than that to transform you into something 'scary'. hehe.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Paul Yoo said...

yes, even i was quite scared... thought it was Halloween in march. Let's keep it as natural and simple as much as possible. wow den..

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is that person in the picture? Can't be from Loma Linda...
-Lanny

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah korean ladies never do what they say they're going to do. very rarely can you reap the good seeds of korean salons... they always assure you "i'll make you look beautiful" and then it's something completely different from what your good dollars were going to. good lesson learned for the real thing, right? (:

1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sexy.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Viki said...

don't worry Janie, and few more trial runs, and it'll be perfect!! I had to go to 3 before I got the look I wanted! :)

9:53 PM  
Blogger limkenfl said...

Hey, yeah look funny, but in the camera its true better for lighting. Hey evem like Randy Roberts because they are on tv use a bit of stage makeup because the lights are so bright. Anyway just some production tid bits.
kpl

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home