Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Camping at San Jacinto

Question: Which mountain is known as the second highest peak in Southern California? Answer: Mount San Jacinto at 10,834 feet.


Two weeks ago a group of us ventured forth to Palm Springs on a slightly more challenging camping experience. Here are a few quick highlights:

Hiking to our campsite laden with our heavy backpacks...

Enjoying some tasty home-made cookin’...

Shivering in the cold (20-40 degrees Fahrenheit) without the warmth of a campfire...

Hiking in the part-dirt, part-snow trail to the peak of San Jacinto ...

Finding some interesting dug-out tree trunks...

Spending some good quality time with my soon-to-be husband...

What a wonderful and refreshing time it was to be out in nature and to really appreciate the wonders of God's creation. Our God, indeed, is an amazingly creative, artistic, and perfect God.

5 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

Looks like you had a great time. Wish I was there... not really, hehe. But it does look like you had a wonderful time.

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Janie, how come you never call me when we're both on call? Ha ha.
-Lanny

11:18 PM  
Blogger alex said...

The sudden vision which met http://www.facebook.com his wandering gaze, the donkey calmly chewing scrub buds, with the green juice already oozing from the corners of his frothy mouth, acted upon him like magic...

6:12 AM  
Blogger Jason & Janelle Shives said...

I need to go camping. Looks so fun. Dogs are great too. Looks like you are going for the bigger breeds with your list, better for running, not as easy to carry around though like miso and rudy.
you are almost done with intern year!! wow, you must know alot of stuff now.

Blessings, Jason

1:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey ther~
hoe\w everything goin?
I hope you remember me
I'm Krystal Ellis
u probably remember me as a very little girl..
WOW I can't eblieve your getting married~!
Congradualtions~
I'm currently in America...Nebraska...as I'm goin to Union College
well..just stoped by to say congrads~
hey if u have a my space mine is
krystaldaphne@hotmail.com

congraduations once again~
Love, Krystal

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home