Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Memorial Service

Mr. Won Koo Lee, My Late Uncle

Today we held a memorial service for my Uncle at our church. Perhaps some of you have never attended a Korean funeral. I have attended many weddings in my short lifetime, but I have not frequented many funeral services. Floral arrangements such as the ones pictured below seem to be a big part of the Korean tradition after the death of a loved one. The service itself was well thought out and meaningful. It was also a nice time to reunite with other family members and friends. The highlight of the evening was to see my estranged cousin and uncle, whom I have not seen in close to 15 or 20 years.

Some of my extended family

Translation: Uncle, may you rest in peace until Christ's second coming. From James "Hyun-Uk" and Janie "Hea-Ryung" Lee.

More flowers. . .

And even more flowers. . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

I think it's an asian thing. We had similar bouquets at my grandfather's funeral. I too look forward to the Second Coming when so many families and friends will be reunited.

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home