Sunday, October 22, 2006

My Friend Nyein

Today, I had a wonderful time hanging out with my friend, Nyein. Nyein is a Burmese girl that I met during my freshman year at UCSD. She is currently working up in Northern California. Thoughtful and sweet as she is, she made it a point to fly down just for the day to visit and celebrate my birthday with me (I turn twenty-seven tomorrow!). Not only is she thoughtful, she is also beautiful (inside and out), intelligent, articulate, and loyal. I also respect her for her faith – that she was able to make a commitment to believe in Christ during her undergraduate years despite the strong cultural pressures of her Buddhist upbringing. She is a joy to be around, and I appreciate her friendship. I am privileged to have her as one of my bridesmaids in the upcoming wedding. Here are some snapshots that we took today. My poor technologically challenged self had a hard time figuring out how to set the self timer button, so we took pictures the old-fashioned way, extending our arms out as far as we could. hee hee. Try to guess who's holding the camera in each picture. ;)


9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very nice to see old friends come together to catch up and reconnect... Happy Bday!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

Happy Birthday Janie! Wow! 27 already? Did you know that I was 27 when I got married? just a little fact you've probably forgotten. Anyhow, enjoy today!

Love... your favorite cousin

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday yo!!! can you guess who this is...your secret admirer!

12:05 PM  
Blogger janie and paul =) said...

No idea, "yo." =)

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey janie! haha thanks. happy belated birthday!!!

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

here's a hint yo...my birthday is on the 12th of Jan.

your secret admirer

7:40 PM  
Blogger janie and paul =) said...

Hmmm...still dunno yo. =)

10:12 PM  
Blogger Rachel and Eric Nelson said...

Janie, I almost wish you were back on General Surgery! I really enjoyed those posts... Get back to writing medical stuff, and then you can compile them into a book! Hope your 27th BD is great.

eric and rachel

6:49 PM  
Blogger joshua said...

happy birthday janie! may you be blessed this upcoming year!

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home