Thursday, November 30, 2006

Zambia, Here I Come!

It’s true! It’s true! I finally heard from Dr. Ang! Today, I received word from the missionary doctor and medical director at Mwami Adventist Hospital out in Zambia, Africa, stating that I am welcome to come to Zambia for a mission elective in January. Dr. Ronilo Ang is an anesthesiologist/surgeon, and he has been a missionary in Zambia for 12 years! He also happens to be the uncle of Liz, a friend of mine who is a nurse at the hospital where I work.

Quiz Question #1: Where is Zambia?
Answer: In South Central Africa.


I am elated. I have been trying for a few months now to get the signatures of approval from an attending physician in Africa so that I can move on with the process of getting approval from my own institution. Things had not been working my way, especially in these last three weeks, as I had been repeatedly attempting to go to the Lusaka Eye Hospital site in the capital city. All my plans were thwarted, however, and I was fast approaching the deadline in which my paperwork needed to be submitted. I began to pray for God’s will to be done. Then, I heard word from Dr. Ang, who immediately responded positively to my inquiry about rotating with him during my elective month in January. After several days of correspondence, I realized that this may be God’s will for me instead. Hopefully, my hospital will give me approval to embark on this four-week adventure to Mwami. Nonetheless, I am going to start working on getting my malaria prophylaxis, immunizations, plane tickets, and visa. I have a lot of work to do! But praise God,…I think I’m on my way! =)

Quiz Question #2: Where is Mwami?
Answer: Close to Chipata.


By the way, I have officially begun my long-awaited week of vacation. This weekend I will spend some time in Northern California to visit my brother, James, and my friend, Nyein. The rest of the week will be dedicated to wedding planning. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, how come I am listed under "Loma Linda Friends"? Is this the reward for befriending y'all? :)

-Lanny

1:48 AM  
Blogger janie and paul =) said...

Hee hee =) Yeah, that's right...consider it an honour! It was fun hanging out with you guys last night. =)

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home